Safety & Policies
1. Blue Roan Bend Outfitters (BRBO) is a rural location, you understand that there will be no professional medical care available during your stay. You are solely responsible for bringing your own supply of medicines, health care and/or other safety items that you may require.
2. At BRBO you have an opportunity to enjoy nature in an outdoor setting that involves streams, lakes, rocks, trees, sharp objects, bugs, wildlife, hills, uneven terrain and other hazards present in nature. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) understand that accidents may occur and there are certain inherent risks associated with such an environment. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady ( ies)) and or Guest (s) agree that you assume the risk of any activity you choose to engage in while at the property. Such activities include, but are not limited to: hunting, fishing, shooting, hiking, sports, swimming, boating, tubing, jet-skiing, off-roading, driving, riding, and/or archery. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) hereby expressly assume any and all dangers and risks of injury.
3. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) may not be supervised at all times while visiting BRBO. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) agree that you will not possess or consume any alcoholic beverages unless you are 21 or older. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady ( ies)) and or Guest (s) further agree to abide by all laws and not exceed the legal limits of intoxication. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady ( ies)) and or Guest (s) agree that you will not under any circumstances drive or ride any vehicles or watercraft, use firearms, fishing equipment, archery equipment or outdoor equipment while under the influence of alcohol or medication, of any quantity or amount whatsoever.
4. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) agree that you will not use equipment or engage in any activity without proper training, supervision and licensing.
5. Hunter (s), Fishermen ( fisherman or Fisherlady (ies)) and or Guest (s) agree to be fully responsible for yourself, family, friends and any guest you may invite to BRBO . You expressly agree to forever release and forgive all claims or causes of action which you may have, or could have brought, whether under federal, state, or local law, arising out of or in any way related to your visit to BRBO , including, but by no means limited to (i) your visit to and use of the Blue Roan Bend property, or (ii) your travel to and from the Blue Roan Bend property.
No smoking will be allowed in cabin-lodge-house, vehicles and or blinds.
7. All Terrain Vehicles or Boats
No all terrain vehicles and or boats will be allowed on ranch or lake.
8. Removal of Property
No sheds, skulls, artifacts, rocks, minerals and or any other property of BRBO and or ranch may be taken from ranch and or BRBO.
BRBO shall not be liable for any misrepresentations of its available services and/or costs made by the anyone or if for whatever reason it is unable to perform its obligations or carry out any related activities, if such failure is caused by events beyond its reasonable control preventing it from performing such obligations or carrying out such activities including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing; acts of God, ranch disputes, labor disputes, riots, fire, acts of restraint by government authorities, loss, accident, illness, injury or death. BRBO can not be held liable or responsible for, but not limited to accident, injury, illness, death, loss of property or damage to property during the hunt or any expense arising from such events.
10. No Kill Policy
In the event that the client does not have an opportunity to harvest (a wounded animal is considered harvested) the Wild Game animal that he has contracted for in the normal Hunt package offered by BRBO, BRBO will refund the Trophy Fee Portion of the Clients Hunt Package. The portions of the Hunt Package which will not be refunded will include those applicable to Accommodations, Guide Fees, Ranch-Use Fees, Food and Beverages, and transportation costs.
11. Wounded Game
Wounded game (The Hunt Guide may determine by sight of Blood or Bone that you have wounded an animal) which is not recovered is considered as hunted and is not subject to refund. The possibility to hunt another specimen is dependent upon approval by the Guide and Ranch Owner. If the Client wounds or kills the incorrect game animal, one other than which was contracted in the original hunt package, Client is responsible for the Trophy Fee and all applicable damages due to the ranch owner, before departing theBRBO.
12. Cancellation & Refunds
All Deposits are non-refundable. All cancellations must be submitted to BRBO in writing. A minimum of 30 days written notice must be given for cancellations and rescheduling. Any cancellations prior to 30 days before trip, you must reschedule with in one year. Cancellations less than 30 days before scheduled trip must be rescheduled within 3 months, and cancellations within 48 hours of your arrival time, deposits are forfeited. Should occurrences, unrelated to BRBO, affect the scheduling of the hunt, all attempts will be made to adapt to the circumstances of the Client. Any increases in pricing will be applied to the new hunt date.
10. Rights Reserved
BRBO reserves the right, if and when so deemed advisable, to cancel a hunting or fishing trip and or hunt package prior to the departure from the client’s point of origin or BRBO. In the case of cancellation prior to the client’s departure, the Client is entitled to receive from BRBO a refund of all amounts received by the company out of the monies paid by the Client and such refund constitutes full and final settlement of all claims that the Client may have against BRBO for such cancellation of the package. BRBO reserves the right, at any time after commencement, to terminate the hunting or fishing package, when events or circumstances deem this course of action to be necessary for whatever reason, which may include but is not limited to the Clients’; misconduct and/or failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions set forth here, or any action which causes a danger to himself (the Client) or others. Additionally, BRBO cannot be held responsible for violations of state or game laws by its’ Clients. BRBO reserves the right, at any time, to deny the Client permission to shoot an animal for any reason.
WHAT OUR HUNTING GUESTS SAY
"My buddies and I have been hunting and fishing out at the Blue Roan for several years now. The duck hunting is top class, plenty of birds and nice comfortable blinds. Fishing is phenomenal. Some of the best bass and crappie fishing I have done."
"For the last five years, I have experienced some of the best duck hunting of my life at Blue Roan Bend. It is a beautiful and unique location that is positioned perfectly to draw a variety of birds from the area that provides a fun and challenging hunting experience. The best part was making a lifelong friend in Clay Meyer, he is a class act and has a real passion for the sport and giving his clients memories that last a lifetime..Give Blue Roan Bend a try...you won’t be disappointed."